We love recipes that you can make ahead and serve warm or cool. These salmon patties are so good you might not get a chance to save some for later!
It’s no secret we love mushrooms in our household. And we love cooking together.
Mushrooms are packed with immune-supporting nutrients. They’re a great source of vitamin d. They are thought to protect against heart disease and cancer. The list goes on!
Adding mushrooms to your family’s diet should a be no-brainer.
Teaching children to cook is a powerful tool to take control of their own health.
It’s been said that your food can be your medicine, and if your children learn how to prepare foods, they can give their body just what it needs nutritionally, both now and in the future.
Salmon patties are a great recipe for kids to make. They’re nutritious and fun to make.
Mushroom And Tinned Salmon Patties
Mushroom & Tinned Salmon Patties
- 500 g white button mushrooms
- 1 400g tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 170g tins salmon drained
- 2 XL free-range eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh peas blanched (or defrosted frozen peas)
- zest of a lemon
- 1 shallot minced
- ½ cup spring onions sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges to serve
- Using a food processor, pulse the mushrooms until they are very finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan saute the mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil until they have sweated off most of their water. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients along with the cooled mushrooms.*
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Separate into equally sized patties.
- Pan fry patties using a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve patties with wedges of lemon and a side salad or vegetable.
For more mushroom recipes and inspiration head over to the RECIPE section.
DISCLAIMER: This post was sponsored by The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association. The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association provided me with this recipe and associated images. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates, in any way. The fact is, I’m crazy about mushrooms, and want to shout it from the rooftops anyway.