There are two things I love… A dinner that is quick to prepare and stuffed peppers. These mushroom and chicken stuffed peppers check both those boxes!
Mushrooms should be a staple in every diet. When you eat mushrooms you’re getting your daily dose of selenium (an antioxidant which aids the body in neutralizing free radicals).
You’re also getting more potassium than you would from eating a banana! In just 2/3 cup of cooked portobello mushrooms, there is about the same amount of potassium as there is in one normal-sized banana (via Healthline).
If you have a child who gets growing pains and cramps give them mushrooms. The potassium in mushrooms is extremely important in muscle function (that includes your heart!).
Mushroom And Chicken Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers take just half an hour to prepare and are delicious with couscous or salad on busy weeknights.
Mushroom and Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 250 g chicken minced
- 250 g button mushrooms chopped and pan-fried
- 8 mini peppers slice the side off and remove the seeds
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 100 g parmesan grated
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and spring onion and gently saute taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the chicken and saute until browned, then add the mushrooms.
- Dice the pieces of pepper you remove and add to the pan.
- Add the lemon pepper and season to taste.
- Fill the peppers with the filling and place on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake in a preheated oven (180°C) for 15 minutes or until the peppers are just tender and the cheese is golden.
For more mushroom recipes check out my RECIPE section.
DISCLAIMER: This post was sponsored by The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association. The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association provided me with this recipe and associated images. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates, in any way. The fact is, I’m crazy about mushrooms, and want to shout it from the rooftops anyway.
- Mashed: When You Eat Mushrooms Every Day, This Is What Happens To Your Body – https://www.mashed.com/234233/when-you-eat-mushrooms-every-day-this-is-what-happens-to-your-body/?utm_campaign=clip
- Medical University of South Carolina: Muscle Cramps & Spasms – https://muschealth.org/medical-services/geriatrics-and-aging/healthy-aging/cramps-and-spasms
- Healthline: Are Mushrooms Good For You? – https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/are-mushrooms-good-for-you
- My Food Data: 20 Vegetables High In Potassium – https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/high-potassium-vegetables.php