Is your partner a foodie? I have some great Father’s day gift ideas for the foodie fathers out there.
It’s almost father’s day and for the first time in years, I have already purchased my husband’s gift. Unfortunately, he has to wait a few extra weeks for it (it’s coming from Canada) but it’ll be worth the wait.
I put together a list of gift ideas for the foodie dad and then got my husband to shortlist the items (gathering ideas for his birthday). Here’s what he thought was really cool:
Father’s Day Gift Ideas
1. For the dad that loves science, the Molecular Cocktail Mixology Kit promises to blow minds. With three unique and exciting recipes per kit dad will have a veritable feast of cutting-edge mixology at his disposal. Available from Mantality for R795
2. This stainless steel wood chip smoking box is perfect for the foodie dad that loves to braai. This durable brushed stainless-steel wood chip smoking box can be used on either charcoal or gas grills for outstanding smoky flavored grilled foods, without any mess. Available from Mantality for R299
3. My husband’s favourite (he has a wicked sense of humour) is the bloody handprint Butcher’s apron. The website suggests “Hop into your Butcher’s apron, switch on the oven, pop in your favourite episode of Dexter then find the biggest meat cleaver in the drawer and get cooking!” Available from Mantality for R249
4. If you don’t already have one, the George Foreman Maxi Grill is a must-have item. It’s great for everything from grilling steaks to making grilled cheese sarmies. The maxi grill has a large grilling surface making it ideal for large families or entertaining guests. The extended handle allows for easy use and the non-stick grill plates make cleaning up easier. Available from takealot for R999
5. The beer connoisseur dad will love the League of Beers mixed case. It features 12 of the best local craft beers voted for by the public in the ‘Vote Craft’ competition. The case contains a mixed selection of beers dependent on what is available from these breweries. Available from Yuppiechef for R399
6. My favourite item on the list (not that my opinion matters, right?) is the Le Creuset signature shallow grill. The Signature Shallow Grill features a special surface design split into two parts, allowing different types of food to be cooked at the same time. It can be used to sear meat, fish, vegetables, fruit or even bread. Available from Le Creuset for R1990
7. The chilli growers kit from Living Seeds makes a superb present for the dad that likes a bit of heat on or in his food. It includes everything you need to germinate your seeds as well as eight types of chilli seed ranging from mild all the way through to incandescent (we’re talking over a million scovilles). Available from Living Seeds for R549
8. The dad that loves coffee will love the sleek, modern design of the Ibili Sensive Moka Pot. Comes in 6 or 3 cup (depending just how much coffee dad likes). Available from YuppieChef for R479 (6 cup)
9. Every foodie that loves to cook needs a few great knives. Scanpan’s Classic Santoku Knife is made from fully forged German steel to withstand everyday wear and tear. My favourite feature is the scalloped edge that prevents food from clinging to the knife. It is available in both 18cm and 12.5cm. Available from YuppieChef for R499 (18cm)
Happy Father’s Day!
If you loved my Father’s Day gift ideas then click HERE for Father’s Day recipes.