Father’s Day is all about Dad and one of the best ways to treat him is to make him his favourite meal. We’re doing a Father’s Day brunch this year and making this delicious mushroom and spinach scrambled egg.
Whether you do Father’s Day brunch, lunch, or supper I’ve got you covered. I’ll be sharing some great recipes from The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association.
They’re quick and easy but best of all delicious!
Father’s Day Brunch
There’s never an excuse for a boring breakfast or brunch. Especially on occasions like Father’s Day.
This mushroom and spinach scrambled egg, with smoked mozzarella and paprika will do the trick. It’s almost an omelette but without the stress.
Mushroom & Spinach Scrambled Egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 large brown mushrooms sliced
- handful baby spinach leaves
- 3 XL eggs whisked
- ½ cup smoked mozzarella grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- smoked paprika for sprinkling
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms until golden.
- Add the spinach and fry for half a minute until it just starts to wilt.
- Add the eggs and stir to scramble.
- While the eggs are slightly runny, sprinkle the cheese over and cover with a lid to melt.
- After a minute remove the lid and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Keep an eye on my RECIPE page for more yummy Father’s Day recipes!
DISCLAIMER: This post was sponsored by The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association. The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association provided me with this recipe and associated images. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates, in any way. The fact is, I’m crazy about mushrooms, and want to shout it from the rooftops anyway.