It’s Friday! And Friday is movie night in our household. It’s also the night we have a special treat while we watch our movie. We’re all getting a little tired of plain popcorn, so I upped my snack game by adding a few of these basic cheese crisps to our popcorn.
With us selling our house, working from home, and homeschooling things have been crazy around here. Keeping the house clean and tidy is a huge feat on its own. Needless to say, my snacks have not been great lately. After half-heartedly trying a few things I thought I had finally found a winner. After fishing for a compliment Lexi eventually caved and said to me, “thanks for trying Mom”. That’s when I knew I had to get serious and be more creative with our movie night snacks.
Basic Cheese Crisps
Turns out it doesn’t take much to please Lexi! These really easy, basic cheese crisps are all it took. They’re crunchy, salty, and deeply satisfying when you’re craving chips. And they were great with popcorn! We experimented with different cheeses and our favourite was parmesan. They tend to be lighter and more crisp.
I recommend making a big batch and storing them in an airtight container, because you’re going to want more.
Makes 24 crisps
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cheddar in 24 little heaps on the baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown (approximately 7 minutes).
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the baking tray.
- Best eaten immediately, but can be stored in an airtight container.
- You can substitute cheddar cheese with mozzarella, Asiago, or Parmesan cheese.
- Or you could mix all 4 and make a super-sized batch.
- Sprinkle with your favourite herbs for added flavour.